The Importance of Dental Exams & Cleanings
WHY SEEING THE DENTIST EVERY 6 MONTHS IS SO IMPORTANT
the A.D.A., or American Dental Association, recommends that every individual should see the dentist twice a year… This means you should see your oral health provider in a 6 month interval to allow them consist means to manage your oral health. By doing so, this ensures your health by controlling issues early which may require much more invasive measures down the road… Now is the big question, when was the last time you’ve visited the dentist?
Bi-Annual Check ups are Really for You!
- Dental Exams & Cleanings Allow Your Dentist to Deter Gum Disease, Plaque, & Early Tooth Decay or Loss
- They Will Keep Your Smile White & Bright with Polishing and Stain Removal
- They Remove Unwanted Tartar Build Up
- Exams Allow a Record of Your Oral Health
- Periodically Evaluate Your Teeth for Disease and Decay
- Provide an Oral Cancer Screening
- They Bring Light to Any Potential Problem Areas and Eliminate them Early
If the many health reasons above aren’t evidence enough to see the dentist every 6 months, then maybe below help you look at it differently…
Need to Schedule Your Exam or Cleaning?
Believe it or not, check ups can and will actually save you money in the long run! By monitoring your oral health in a timely fashion and keeping up necessary maintenance, infectious and pain filled issues are less likely to happen. Meaning the need for expensive surgeries or recourse is drastically reduced. It’s always better prevent something than it is to treat it!
WHAT CAN HAPPEN IF YOU DON'T GO:
- Minute-Everyday Issues can Result in Larger, More Painful, and Costly Procedures
- You’re Immediately at Increased Risk of Developing Diseases
- Your Teeth Become Stained and Yellow
- Increased Risk of Periodontal Disease, Tooth Decay, and Tooth Loss
Still on the fence!?
A shorter list with longer problems, not seeing the dentist brings up a query of consequences that can be your health in jeopardy! Health runs through your mouth, it’s a fact. From what you consume to how you manage your oral health, things like disease, cancer, and tooth loss can be prevented if handled properly. So the next time you think about skipping your dental cleaning or not scheduling one at all – think about the consequences! After all, nobody wants to be on the wrong end of statistics.
I highly recommend Dr Spath to anyone looking for a great dentist in Orange County! I've been going to his office for about 3 years now and everyone is always very friendly and helpful. I'm doing Invisalign now during pregnancy and I am almost done! Dr. Spath has always been very nice and attentive helping me get the best possible results. My teeth look great! : )