CV Report | Andrew W. Spath, DDS
At our practice, we believe that all individuals should have the ability to preserve the health and wellness of their smile for a lifetime of improved function, comfort, and aesthetics. This philosophy is carried out in our practice with the ultimate care and professionalism, with dental staff that has the expertise and experience to carry through by providing the best, most comprehensive dentistry available. We strive to be a dental office that patients feel good about visiting by providing the highest level of care from a friendly and passionate team. We are guided by our drive to be the best, our love of what we do, and desire to build trusting relationships. Our greatest remuneration comes through gratitude and appreciation from patients while knowing big or small we’ve helped improve the quality of many lives.
ANDREW SPATH, DDS INCORPORATED (June 2010- Present)
- Premiere Dental Practice in Newport Beach treating Professionals and Families
- Delivering Preventative, Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry with Integrity and Technical Excellence
- Practice Growth: June 2010 started with no patients to October 2013 over 2000 active patients and growing
UCLA SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY, LECTURER (January 2011-Present)
- Clinical Instructor and Lecturer at the UCLA School of Dentistry
UCLA VENICE DENTAL CENTER, AEDG INSTRUCTOR, SURGICAL IMPLANT PLACEMENT (August 2014-July, 2015)
- Hands-on education with post-doctorate dentist on the surgical placement of dental implants
MENTOR, KOIS CENTER (July 2015-Present)
- Completed over 200 hours of continued education, past rigorous exam, and presented a case in front of some of the most respected dentist in the world
- Assist in the post-graduate education of dentist.
ORANGE COUNTY PEER REVIEW BOARD
- Member of counsel that review cases involving disputes between patients and dentists
FELLOW IN THE ACADEMY OF GENERAL DENTISTRY (June 2013)
- Completed a rigorous exam, over 500 hours of approved continuing education, maintain membership in Academy of General Dentistry for the continuous years, and be in practice for a minimum of 5 years.
- Achieved by less than 7% of Dentists
KOIS CENTER GRADUATE (April 2013)
- Completed over 200 hours of continued education at the renowned Kois Center in areas including Implant Dentistry, Periodontics, Treatment Planning, and Occlusion based on a risk reduction model of dentistry
FLYING SAMARITANS (November 2009-Present)
- On-going volunteer for Flying Samaritans, a non-profit organization operating free medical clinics in Baja California, Mexico.
- Provided volunteer work in Jesus Maria treating patients lacking resources for dental care
- Developed Spanish skills necessary to treat Spanish-speaking patients effectively
ONE BRUSH (August 2010)
- Put together a trip to Gigante, Nicargua where volunteers handed out toothbrushes and dental floss while educating community youth about oral health.
ORANGEWOOD (January 2011-Present)
- Performing free dentistry on foster youth through the Orangewood Foundation totaling over $15,000.
S.C.O.P.E (STUDENT COMMUNITY OUTREACH PROGRAM) (July, 2004 – June, 2007)
- Provided dental care and education to underprivileged children in the San Francisco bay area
ANDREW SPATH, DDS OFFICE GAUTAMALAN DENTAL RELIEF MISSION
- One week mission to Guatemala to perform dentistry on the underserved
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- American Academy of General Dentistry
- Orange County Dental Society
- Academy of R.V.Tucker Study Clubs
- American Academy of Operative Dentistry
- Alumni Kois Center
- Orange County Peer Review Board 2013 present
- President RV Tucker Study Club #13 2012-2013
- Mentor Kois Center
Lecture Presentation RV Tucker Orange County Study Club “Impact of Sleep Related Breathing Disorders on Nocturnal Bruxism and Implementation of Pulse Oximetry as a Diagnostic Tool” February 2012.
- Compendium of Continuing Education in Dentistry, February 2013, Feature article “Accelerated Orthodontics, “Orthodontics with Surgical Acceleration Achieves Rapid Tooth movement, Helps Increase Case Acceptance”
- Compendium of Continuing Education in Dentistry, May 2017, Focal Point Article “Addressing the Challenges of Removing Modern Materials”
UNIVERSITY OF THE PACIFIC, ARTHUR A. DUGONI SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY (San Francisco, CA)
- Completed WREB and California Ethics Exam June, 2007
- DDS Graduation June, 2007
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA AT SANTA BARBARA (Santa Barbara, CA)
Bachelor of the Arts, Business Economics June, 2004
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- UCSB Honors Program
- Health Professions Association
More than 250 hours of continuing education in the last 3 years. Five times the required amount.
FAGD (FELLOW IN THE ACADEMY OF GENERAL DENTISTRY) 2013
- Achieved the honor of Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry by completing more then 500 hours on continuing education and passing a written exam.
INVISALIGN CERTIFIED (completed March 2007)
- Ten week Invisalign certification course totaling 40 hours of hands on treatment and training with the orthodontists that developed Invisalign.
COURSE I, Treatment Planning I: Diagnostically Driven (completed October, 2009)
- Focus on the four essential components in the decision-making process: esthetics, function, periodontology and biomechanics
- Evidenced based scientific approach to risk management developed to create more predictable outcomes from treatment
COURSE II, Functional Occlusion I: Science-Driven Management (completed June, 2010)
- Three-day course that helps to understand the role of how occlusion relates to wear, mobility, TMD, stability and restorative failure
COURSE III, Periodontal-Restorative Interface (completed January 2011)
- Understanding the dental gingival complex is critical for predictable management of the soft tissue.
COURSE IV & V TRACK, Biomechanics (Completed March 2012)
- Fundamentals of Cohesively and Adhesively Restorations
- Impressions, Provisionals, and Foundation Restorations
COURSE VI & VII, Implants Fixed and Removable(Completed October 2012)
- Prosthetic Fundamentals of Fixed Implant Restorations
- Restoring Missing Dentitions with Full Dentures, Implant Assisted, and Implant Supported Prosthetics
COURSE VIII, OCCLUSION II
- Complex case management achieving an understanding of somotognathic system.
COURSE IX, TREATMENT PLANNING II
- This course is designed to implement the thought process necessary in creating systematic treatment plans for any complex situation.
KOIS CENTER SYMPOSIUM (July 2014-2015)
- Annually attend a 3 day course updating graduated of the Kois Center on the most recent science in dentistry
CAD CAM TRAINING (completed 2008)
- Received over 40 continuing education hours in Cad Cam technology while completing more than 1500 Cerec inlays, onlays and crowns
NORTH ORANGE COUNTY IMPLANT GROUP (2007 – 2010)
- Implant study club which provides education in implant surgery-restorative interface
R.V. TUCKER CAST & DIRECT GOLD STUDY CLUB (January 2010 – present)
- Study Club with emphasis on studying gold as a medium to achieve restorative excellence. Over 100 hours of hands-on operation.
“DENTAL IMPLANT SURGERY” Paul S. Kozy, DDS (May 2010)
- Live patient course dedicated to placement immediate, open, closed, and guided implants. Additional concepts of soft and hard tissue grafting with the use of bioactive modifiers PRGF, ridge expansion, and ridge augmentation.
CAMLOG IMPLANT COURSE, PLACEMENT AND RESTORATION OF DENTAL IMPLANT (May 2010)
- A course on implant placement and restorations
AMERICAN ACADEMY OF RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY (February 2011)
AMERICAN ACADEMY OF RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY (February 2012)
AMERICAN ACADEMY OF RESTORATIVE DENTISTRY (February 2013)
- Attended the invitation-only annual session in Chicago, Illinois
PACIFIC COAST SOCIETY FOR PROSTHODONTICS (June 2011)
- Two day course designed for prosthodontics to update the latest therapies in Prosthetic Dentistry
PANKEY STUDY CLUB OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (June 2011, September 2011)
- Herb Blumenthal, DDS Occlusal Harmony and Disharmony
- Steve Carstensen, DDS, presents a comprehensive course on snoring, sleep apnea, and Oral Appliance